Monday, January 03, 2022

buddleia


How we didn't have a buddleia already is past my understanding when most gardens around us have enormous, fragrant, almost tree like wild buddleias. 
Intrigued (mildly offended even on behalf of my garden) I set about to fix this issue since last summer. So far I have bought a bright red one, accepted several shades of purple and white from the substitute grandma and even foraged for more colours. By foraged I mean knock on shops/ gym/ bakery doors and asked if I can pick the "weeds" off their doorstep πŸ˜†. And there is that memorable time when both me and substitute grandma tripped in the same place and had to lift ourselves up by holding onto a small branch of yellow buddleia. One eachπŸ˜‰ that went in our pockets straight away.

Recently I was mulling through the Hortensia Walk and what do I spot in a new flowerbed?? A wild purple self-seeded buddleia.. probably from our neighbours πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

No comments: