Monday, January 03, 2022

callicarpa

Beautyberry / Callicarpa Bodinieri was on my wishlist for 15 years but I didn't have a name to search for, I just had this memory of a wonderful smallish tree with purple berries I came across near St Michael and All Angels in Chiswick. 

Years of checking garden centers with no luck and one accidentall stop in a Tesco car park somewhere in the south England ...tada!!! I have not only a name but also a plant. It's tiny and doesn't like where I've planted it so she'll get a new spot soon. 
This Christmas day when all presents were opened and food was on the table Mick remembered there's one more thing for me in the garden. They didn't know about the 15 years wishlist, about the tree in Chiswick or about the frail plant I found in Tesco... They just saw a big healthy Callicarpa and decided it suits me ❤️❤️❤️

I think it does. When I collect my present I will have to do a bit of research and decide where they both should go. Like 2 purple Laurel and Hardy in our garden

No comments: